Pro athletes have a great chance (approximately 48%) of sustaining such an injury during their athletic career.
- More than 5 million teeth are knocked out each year during sport-related activities. This can help be prevented by wearing an athletic mouthguard.
- An athlete is sixty times more likely to sustain damage to their teeth when not wearing a protective mouthguard.
- The cost of a fractured tooth is many times greater than the cost of a dentist diagnosed and professionally designed mouthguard.
- The cost to replant a tooth and follow up dental treatment can run costly.
- A properly fitted mouthguard reduces the chance of the athlete sustaining a concussion from a blow to the jaw.